From John Bishop, owner of Bishop's
1 pound (500 grams) whole spot prawns, heads on
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped parsley
1/4 cup (60 mL) dry white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large fry pan on medium high heat. Add butter, garlic and parsley and lightly fry together for 1-2 minutes. Add whole prawns and white wine. Toss together and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Serve in warm bowls with lemon slices and warm crunchy baguette.Serves 4 - See more at:
Ingredients - The Dressing
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp coarse salt (try grinding “arctic pure”)
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients - The Salad
- 3 lbs trimmed asparagus
- 4 cups thinly sliced spring onions
- 3 cups 1⁄4” cubes of peeled English cucumber
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped chervill
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tsp chopped tarragon
- For dressing: whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- For salad: Fill large bowl with lightly salted ice water. Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crip tender, about 3 min
- Drain, reserving 3 sups cooking liquid.
- Transfer asparagus to ice water bath to cool.
- Place green onions in another large bowl: pour hot reserved asparagus cooking liquid over onions, and let stan until cool, about 30 min.
- Drain asparagus and spring onions well. Transfer onions to paper towel and squeeze dry.
- Combine green onions, cucumber and herbs in a mixing bowl. Add dressing. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus on platter. Spoon cucumber mixture over and serve.