- 4 cups large-flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pears
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil or butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Combine oats, pecans, almonds, apples, pears, hazelnuts, cranberries, raisins, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds and brown sugar.
In saucepan, warm together applesauce, honey, oil, salt, ginger and cinnamon over medium heat until thinned, about 3 minutes. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
Spread evenly on 2 greased or parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake in 325°F oven, stirring every 10 minutes and rotating pans halfway through, until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on rack. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.)
- 1 cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.In a small saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. Place rhubarb in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 3. In the same saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 4. Whisk in rhubarb puree until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Use as a basting sauce for grilled meats. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.